New South Wales Response to Disclosure
Would you know how to respond if a child disclosed to you that they had been abused? As a professional or community member who engages with children you have a responsibility to support children who are experiencing abuse and neglect and trust you to disclose to you. The Response to Disclosure Training covers the skills you need to respond in a supportive way as well as your potential reporting responsibilities and strategies.
In this course, you’ll learn:
- How to respond to a child if they disclose a situation where they feel unsafe
- The threshold for reporting disclosures
- The nature of disclosures
- How to respect and protect the rights of children in your responses.
- Communication with parents
- Offering Comfort
- The relevant legislation protecting children in New South Wales
- How to complete correct reporting procedures in the event of an incident
- Follow up required after a disclosure
Participants who complete the course will receive a certificate of completion.
Our course is designed to keep participants engaged. It includes:
- Presentations by our trained experts
- Clear content and visuals
- Interactive experiences
- Specific Scenarios to work through