NSW Safe Help for Dance
Do you know how to respond or report in order to protect the children you engage with through your dance school? Does your team have the skills and knowledge to keep children safe while they’re in your care? Do they know how to respond or report in order to protect children? Can your parent community have confidence that anyone engaging with their children through your school is aware of appropriate boundaries?
The Dance community has a responsibility to protect the rights and safety of children and young people. The NSW Safehelp for Dance course covers the latest in child protection strategies, empowering community members to protect the interests of children.
In this course, you’ll learn:
- Dance specific guidelines for appropriate conduct when engaging with children. Including:
- The importance of avoiding being alone with a child and how to achieve this.
- Appropriate Interactions
- Guidelines for physical contact
- General conduct guidelines
- How to respond to a child if they disclose a situation where they feel unsafe
- How to identify the areas of child abuse and neglect
- The importance of confidentiality
- How to complete correct NSW reporting procedures in the event of an incident
- Support Organisations
Participants who complete the course will receive a certificate of completion.
Our course is designed to keep participants engaged. It includes:
- Presentations by our trained experts;
- Clear content and visuals;
- Interactive experiences.